We are happy to provide you, our employees, the information and forms you need. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We’re here to help.
New teachers participating in the BTSA program receive professional development opportunities designed to address individual growth needs including:
- Individual support and assessment throughout their first two years
- Release time to observe other teachers
- A week of professional development prior to the beginning of the school year where they are introduced to district philosophies
- Curriculum standards and materials
- A confidential relationship with a support provider
- Access to a professional development library
- Opportunities to attend conferences and workshops
- $200 to support professional development goals
The district’s Peer Assistance and Review program (PAR) provides financial support to new teachers in the district who do not qualify for the BTSA program and veteran teachers who are in need of additional assistance. They receive a $1000 per semester stipend.
A seven-member district-wide PAR panel comprised of teachers and site and district administrators meets quarterly to review the effectiveness and general operations of both the BTSA and the PAR program.