College and Career Readiness
TJUHSD students will develop the skills and knowledge to empower them to productively contribute to a global society through meaningful and relevant learning opportunities.
College and Career Readiness means students are:
- Ready to enter college and do college-level coursework without remediation
- Ready for entry-level careers that offer the opportunity for advancement
The mission of TJUHSD is to empower all students to graduate with college, career, and life readiness skills.
Expected Student Outcomes
As a result of being College and Career Ready, all students will know and be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to independently think critically, to organize and analyze information, to make sound decisions, and to solve complex problems
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with students and adults and to demonstrate appropriate character as well as cultural and social awareness
- The ability to effectively communicate with a diverse population through multiple modalities, including verbal, non-verbal, listening, and writing while utilizing up-to-date technology
- The ability to use creativity and imagination in developing innovative solutions applicable to an evolving society
- The non-cognitive skills of self-efficacy, self-advocacy, self-regulation, academic motivation, and grit
- The ability to set short and long-term goals; adapt to change; persist; and demonstrate social, cultural, and civic responsibility
- The understanding that there are multiple pathways to success and the knowledge of how to navigate the post-secondary institutions’, as well as career and industry processes